Hair thinning, hair loss, receding hairline or bald patches are the most common problems both men and women face nowadays. While bald patches are uncommon in women, they do suffer from hair thinning.
Most resort to medications or injections to reverse the hair loss condition. However, these treatments may not be effective if the hair follicles are damaged due to hereditary or other reasons. Hair transplant through FUE, (follicular unit extraction) is also another popular alternative for hair restoration, but due to the many risks associated with surgery, most avoid it. Hence scalp micropigmentation has gained popularity as it guarantees results and is a 100% safe option to mimic hair on the scalp without the need for a surgery.
Advantages of scalp micropigmentation
Below we have mentioned the specifications and benefits derived from scalp micropigmentation.
- Popularity: SMP is a popular alternative that transfers pigment on the scalp where hair loss and bald patches occur. The method is highly advanced and innovative and a lot of men get it done to get a look of a short buzz cut hairstyle.
- Safe alternative to surgery: Some individuals are not suitable candidates for a hair transplant due to extensive baldness or insufficient donor area. For such individuals, scalp micropigmentation is a good option as it gives the illusion of having a full head of hair.
- Performed by trained individuals only: Only individuals who have been trained in scalp micropigmentation have the authority to conduct the procedure. This ensures that you are in safe hands.
Candidates suitable for scalp micropigmentation
SMP is a less- invasive procedure that takes less time and provides a one- time fix.
- Scalp micropigmentation is a good alternative for those who can’t undergo a hair transplant for various reasons.
- It is ideal for women who are experiencing hair thinning and want to add more density to their hair.
- Individuals suffering from all types of alopecia can choose scalp micropigmentation to restore the appearance of hair.
- Individuals suffering from hair loss or hair thinning due to hormonal imbalance, immunity disorders can also opt for the treatment.
- Men who have receding hairlines can choose SMP to give the look of a fuller front hairline.
- People with complete baldness can also choose to do the procedure if they wish to have the look of a short buzz cut.
SMP requires an individual to be extensively trained to offer consistent results to a client. The most important points related to the procedure are:
- Before beginning the procedure, the pigment color needs to be matched to the individual’s natural hair color so that it blends easily.
- Micro fine needles are used to create tiny impressions on the scalp that give the look of natural hair follicles.
- Care is taken to insert the needle and pigment in the correct angle and the right depth of penetration is determined.
The result achieved depends on how skilled the practitioner is, and the quality of ink and needle used. These factors together are the key to a successful scalp micropigmentation treatment.
Incase you require more assistance regarding scalp micropigmentation in India, do call/ WhatsApp us on +91 9867200003.